Dealing with data is a decisive success factor for digital transformation
When they are shared and reused, data do not become less, but provide new information and applications. If Austria and Europe succeed in making even better and more targeted use of the treasure trove of data, this will bring us more innovative strength, greater competitiveness and better resistance to crises.
With the Ö-Cloud Initiative, the Federal Ministry for Digitalisation and Economy supports secure cloud-based data management and data use in Austria and Europe. Providers of cloud services commit to strict, transparent European security standards and thus also to compliance with the GDPR. These standards and services not only benefit our businesses and their data treasure, but also strengthen Austria as a digital data location in Europe.
Barcotec was one of the first companies in this initiative to be awarded the Ö-Cloud seal of approval on 30 June 2021.
The Ö-Cloud initiative supports the secure data management and data use of your company. This gives your company the assurance that your data treasure is managed securely in Europe and that data cannot be misused. And that data that is deleted is also securely and irretrievably removed.
The Ö-Cloud seal of approval
When a provider of cloud services in Austria bears the Ö-Cloud seal of approval, it has committed itself to complying with stricter, transparent, international security standards and, in particular, to implementing the DSGVO.
What does this mean in plain language for you as a customer?
You have the assurance
- that 70 additional security criteria are met (including hosting in Austria)
- that compliance with the DSGVO is ensured
- that we, as your provider, have voluntarily opted for even stricter, transparent, European security standards
- that our details are publicly published on the EuroCloud website and are therefore transparent and fully available for download at any time for every listed cloud service
- that due to the one-year validity of the Ö-Cloud seal of approval, we have to pass the procedure again afterwards
- that your data treasure is thus securely managed on Austrian soil